Saturday, January 20, 2018

Machines of War

So, at my local hobby shop, they are starting a journeyman league for Warmahordes.  I have always loved this game and even if I am unable to play in the league itself, I love painting the models. So, I plan on painting alongside the league if nothing else.  So I picked up the newest Khador starter box, which is ridiculously good value. At 40$, you get a rulebook, foldout battlemat, tokens, dice, cards for the units, faction introductory booklet, basic training quickstart book, and the models.  However....... I hate the material the models are cast in. It is some sort of very hard plastic or pvc material and shows imperfections out the wazoo. At least after priming they do hold quite a bit of detail as is shown below.


So, as you can see. The pre primered version looks like ..... well.... ASS. Thankfully it looks pretty nice with an overly complicated priming process that I used. 



So, there is what I have in total for my fledgling Khador force.  I had the Butcher model from a few years ago and he will finally get the paintjob such a cool mini deserves!  Stay tuned for more!



Edit:  Just about finished with the warcaster from the starter box. I think he has turned out great! One of my better faces as well if I say so myself. Pics are before and after the all over gloss wash.



Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Blackrock'n'Roll

So after getting some fairly large commission work finished the past couple of weeks im finally able to put more time into the 'jawz aga...