Sunday, August 5, 2018

Blackrock'n'Roll

So after getting some fairly large commission work finished the past couple of weeks im finally able to put more time into the 'jawz again. The more I work on this army the more i absolutely enjoy it! Progress is steady, nothing astounding but steady. Got all of the Gruntas and 'ard Boyz stripped rebased, primered, and then the bases lava effect airbrushed up. So everything looks fairly uniform at the moment at least. And then, I decided I wanted to have something unique to my army. Around 2 years ago I had started working on scratchbuilding my own Wondering Idol of Gork. I got the legs and torso basically done and then left playing Ironjawz at the time, but I never threw the progress away. I always knew i would come back to it at some point, and while I don't have any pictures from before i finished the build, I feel you can definately see where this thing started from.

So here we go with some pictures! I hope you enjoy! And as always, feel free to comment with critics and criticisms!
 The original "sculpt" didnt have an actual head as so much it was just a hunk of rock with eyes.....
 This flail for a hand took sooooooo long to put together lol
 The blade hand was 2 thick pieces of plasticard glued together and then had a dremel taken to it to give its shape. The blade actually comes to an edge on the cutting side as well :)
 Very basic colors laid on the big guy himself.
 The base cost me about 2 bucks to make.... Cardboard, a for sale sign, some cork board, sand, and some cheap plastic beads from a necklace.
 Better shot of the blade. Very pleased with how it turned out!

 A bit more color work here, when the paint is finished he will get some red/brown moss added in random locations and other fun stuff.
 Basic base idea for the entirety of the army. This particular one is for my Gul'Dan Shaman conversion.
And here we have the army all together minus Gordrak, the Idol, and the 2 Shaman.


So been a pretty busy couple of days here lately. At this stage i usually get very unmotivated with an army, but this one just keeps me intrigued and motivated! So let me know what you think guys! Thanks for checking it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blackrock'n'Roll

So after getting some fairly large commission work finished the past couple of weeks im finally able to put more time into the 'jawz aga...