Monday, April 9, 2018

Searching for my inspiration, my best work yet?

So, i've been going through a crisis of sorts regarding whether or not to get out of the hobby all together.....  So after seriously thinking about it (and selling all of my terrain to boot lol)  I decided to sit down and paint up one of the models from the Shadespire Orruk warband.  Just to see if I would still feel interested.  Now this is a complete one off as I didn't intend to paint the rest of them. But now, i'm not so sure. Seeing as there are only 4 models in the warband, 30 hours to do them seems like an ok deal..... heck... may be more than 30 when/if I finish them all.  Anyway, on to the pictures.






Now, this guy isn't completely finished yet, and i've got around 6 or so hours into him at this point, but it's 4:00 Am now and I have to get my son up in the morning for school so I beleive its time for bed at this point. Let me know what you think guys. While i really do love how this is turning out, i'm not sure I still have the drive to stick with the hobby anymore.  Maybe take smallish commissions so I get to paint and not have to worry about playing. Anyway, thanks for checking it out!

4 comments:

  1. "So, i've been going through a crisis of sorts regarding whether or not to get out of the hobby all together....."

    Again? If I had a nickel for every time you quit the hobby, or one game in particular...

    As per your usual, that Ork Looks phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, I have only quit the hobby entirely once, and that was before we met! lol But yeah, games in general is a different story. I tend to not have a very strong attention span for nailing down a project. Something I can't help. But alas, it is what it is.

      Delete
  2. That orc looks incredible so far. Ot would be sad to see your talent leave this hobby, so I for one hope you stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point its still TBD. Gonna finish this warband up and the undead from shadespire for Aiden and see how i feel about it then. May just start doing smaller commissions like single/large models and units. Just gotta see how it all shakes out. But thanks!

      Delete

Blackrock'n'Roll

So after getting some fairly large commission work finished the past couple of weeks im finally able to put more time into the 'jawz aga...